Frequently people start out a phone call with “I’m a Christian. What religion are you?” I have to wonder what they are really asking in that question.
Are they asking me for my religion or are they worried that somehow with acupuncture I can magically steal their soul?
I usually tell them that if they want someone who believes very closely with what they believe they might want to check with their minister, the same way they would look for a doctor referral from their minister. Sometimes this opens the conversation to the fact that they wouldn’t demand this of their minister.
But here are the answers people have been looking for:
- Acupuncture is a healing modality. It does not require that you subscribe to a belief system
- The philosophy behind acupuncture comes from taoism which predates Christianity so many of the terms will seem different.
- I don’t have subliminal messaging in my soft music.
- You don’t have to have soft music
- I don’t require that you do anything you aren’t comfortable with and this will be true of most practitioners.
Really, if religion is important, get recommendations from your church. If you are just worried that your soul might be in jeopardy for trying acupuncture, consider that many people who have acupuncture are Christians and they are just fine with the idea.